Lasix is used to increase the amount of urination as a way to flush out excess water from the body. It is very effective. So, it is used to treat fluid retention (edema) in the body. The drug is also used to treat high blood pressure. However, the drug is not suitable for everyone. Here are some conditions that may disqualify you from taking it.
- While it has not been confirmed that the drug can harm an unborn baby, the reverse is not guaranteed either. So, pregnant women should not take it.
- The drug can find its way into breast milk and harm your baby. A nursing mother should not take it.
- Don’t take it if you’re allergic to furosemide.
- People who can’t urinate have no business with it.
The next conditions don’t actually make you ineligible to take the drug but they are concerns your doctor should know about.
- Thyroid disorder
- Kidney disease
- High cholesterol
- Electrolyte imbalance
- Liver disease
- Bladder obstruction or enlarged prostate
- Furosemide does not react well with any radioactive dye injected into the veins for scanning.
Any opened Lasix solution should not be allowed to last for more than 90 days. Discard the remainder after 90 days. It is best stored at room temperature without being exposed to light, heat or moisture. If you miss your dose, don’t take excess to make up for it.
Possible side effects
Like many other drugs, it has its side effects and they’re numerous. However, following your doctor’s prescription strictly will reduce the chances of encountering any of the side effects. Here are some of them.
- Allergic reaction
- Swelling in any part of the body
- Breathing difficulty
- Sore throat
- Rashes and peeling of the skin
- Symptoms of electrolyte imbalance
- Kidney problems
- Sign of liver problems
- High blood sugar
- Painful urination
- Constant general body weakness
- Hearing loss
- Blurred vision
- Regular dizziness and headache
Unfortunately, there are more side effects. It is better to follow your doctor’s prescription on the drug. This also implies that you should never take it without any prescription.
The pill does not react well with many other drugs and compounds. If you’re taking any of the drugs below or you just stopped taking it, let your doctor know before taking Lasix.
- Another kind of diuretic
- High blood pressure medication
- Medication for heart disease
- Anti-cancer drugs
- Chloral Hydrate
Top pharmacies where you can buy the drug online
This is a trusted online pharmacy where you can buy Lasix and other prescription drugs. For more information about this pharmacy, you can visit https://www.faastpharmacy.com (take note of the double-a). You can also fill their online form or call +1-888-4431470.
This is a Canada based online pharmacy with more than 325,000 customer reviews. The pharmacy offers several doses of the pill. To know more about the pharmacy, visit https://www.northwestpharmacy.com or call their toll free number – 1-866-539-5330. You can also shoot them an email on CustomerService@NorthWestPharmacy.com .
This is a U.S. based pharmacy that also works with a large network of pharmacies across the United States. It offers the best prices for drugs. If you’re interested in purchasing drugs from Blink Health, visit https://www.blinkhealth.com/ or call them on 1 (833) 794 – 1293. You can also fill their online contact form.
This is one of the most reputable suppliers of generic drugs. You can get the drug from them too. For further details, visit https://www.alldaychemist.com, call +1(213)291-2588 or reach them through their short online contact form.
For uniformity, only a product that is available on the 4 platforms has been used and it is Generic 40mg Lasix.
- Faast Pharmacy (30 pills) – $19.95. This goes down to $0.67/pill.
- Northwest Pharmacy (84 pills) – $14.09. It is equal to $0.17/pill.
- Blink Health (30 pills) – $3. The drug costs $0.10/pill.
- AllDay Chemist (30 pills) – $3.7. Here, you’ll have it at $0.12/pill.
Clearly, Blink Health offers the best deal at $3 for a pack of 30 pills.
- The drugs on the 4 platforms are safe and original.
- They offer multiple payment methods which gives you payment convenience.
- You can cancel your order before it is shipped, usually within 24 hours after placing it.
- They all package orders discretely.
- Blink Health offers free shipping without any condition.
- The prices of their drugs are competitive.
- With the exception of Blink Health, they ship drugs worldwide.
- You can track your order on the platforms.
- Blink Health ships drugs to only U.S.
- Once shipped, your order cannot be cancelled.
- They don’t accept insurance but your insurance provider may reimburse you after purchasing drugs from them.
- They don’t ship prescription drugs without prescription.
Available payment methods
- Faast Pharmacy : Visa Card, MasterCard, bank transfers and Western Union.
- Northwest Pharmacy: Personal checks and international money orders.
- Blink Health: MasterCard, Visa Card, American Express and other credit/debit cards.
- AllDay Chemist: Personal checks, money orders, PayPal, eChecks and bank transfers.
The 4 online pharmacies have slightly different shipping information. For Faast Pharmacy, the cost of shipping depends on the order volume. There’s no fixed rate. However, any order that is more than $150 is qualified for free shipping. It takes 14 – 28 business days to get your order because the pharmacy ships its drugs from India.
As for Northwest Pharmacy, you’ll pay a flat rate of $9.99 regardless of the volume of the order and it’ll take 8 -18 business days to get your package because the pharmacy ships drugs through only international postal mail.
Blink Health ships drugs to U.S. only so it takes only 3 – 5 business days to receive your package. However, your order may sometimes be delayed. Shipping is free and it is done through only USPS First Class shipping. AllDay Chemist does not offer a flat shipping rate. The fee is based on the volume of the order and it will take about 2 weeks to receive your package.
In conclusion, the medicine is highly effective for edema but you should take note of all the possible side effects and contraindications. As a rule of the thumb, don’t take it without your doctor’s prescription. Finally, if you have to buy it, you can order it from any of the 4 online pharmacies outlined above for safety, originality and peace of mind.